Sunday, February 28, 2010

listening to a deep, slurring, slow-mo version of adam young

every night, i turn on worcestor (which is what i call my walkman) and go through my songs on shuffle to choose which artist i'll listen to for the night. after i've chosen, i will then wrap worcestor up in a pillow case, tuck it under a pillow next to me, hope the wires don't entangle with my neck and choke me to death in my sleep, and drift off to dream for how many hours i have. or start trying to, at the very least.

last night, i was scanning through my songs when i stopped at 'the tip of the iceberg', by owl city. however, instead of listening to his drawling, boyish voice, i was introduced to a still drawling, but deep, slurring, slow-mo version of adam young.

i sort of froze there, with a 'wtr' expression on my face, and then started to look at the screen over and over, making sure i was listening to the song i thought i was listening to, that my walkman wasn't spazzing, that my earphones weren't having a bad day. then i started thinking, oh my god, the monstarz are after me, i'm going to die once this song ends, a strange man is going replace this song playing to start a conversation with me, i think that's a girl staring at me at the doorway, why are there shadows flickering from outside?

the song was playing in slow-motion, i was lying there in the dark with this deep, distorted voice singing into my ears, and for some reason i thought it was a good idea to start recalling scenes from paranormal activity. i thought once i changed the song something would attack me, but at the same time i was dreading the moment when the song would actually end, because of course that was when something worse would devour me. i also thought the whole experience was the result of bad karma; payback for butchering the piglet.

in the end, the song (all six minutes of it) finished and the one that started after played normally. after a while of wondering what just happened, i chose an artist, wrapped worcestor in the pillow case, tucked that under my pillow, and looked to the direction of the hallway to check for any hanging bodies. i was relieved, but that didn't keep me from opening my eyes every ten seconds for the rest of the night, to make sure no one was hovering over my face.

that night i dreamt about myself freaking out over the whole thing. i tried showing deezed the warped version of 'the tip of the iceberg', but he, annoyed, blew me off because he needed to see his person. then i turned to my own person, who listened to a bit of it, but didn't think it was a big deal, and then excused himself to tend to his other duties.

however stranger, this afternoon i walked up to my bed to get worcestor to find it already on, its screen displaying the song i was listening to four hours earlier. it stayed lit up like that for about two seconds, then completely shut off.

i have come up with a few explanations for this whole ordeal:

1. i am going crazy. or i am paranoid. and i need more sleep
2. there is a ghost who really likes my music and wants to let me know
3. worcestor is telling me my music sucks and i need to start listening to gangsta rap

either way, why did i dream about people being so mean to me? D:

4 comments:

  1. Wow... I think you can combine all three explanations...

    That is kind of creepy though... and isn't it bad for you to go to sleep with earphones in your ears? We don't want you going deaf now, do we?

    I heard paranormal activity was really scary o.o

    Anyways, dreams are usually a subconscious reflection of reality, maybe we bully you too much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your music rocks and its telling you to never change to gangsta rap. We don't need another deezed. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. when i watched paranormal activity with my parents last halloween, i was sooooo disappointed when i walked out of the theater, despite getting scared with every night..sleeping..scene. xD but then later when i thought back at it, it's so psychologically TERRIFYING, esp. when you're trying to sleep in the middle of the night and a crazy lady is sleeping on the bed beneath you... (aka my sister)

    and oh thank you, notjohn BD! your music is pretty faaaaantasical too >:DD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "crazy lady" - I guess it's hereditary ;P

    ReplyDelete