Monday, March 1, 2010

Leg Lengthening?!?!?!

Anyways, I was watching CTV and they showed a commercial of what’s going to happen in the next Oprah show and its about fashion in China.  So in the commercial it mentioned plastic surgery and the voiceover was “and why would people spend thousands of dollars to get their legs broken?” (or something like that), so I got curious.  I searched it on Google and found an article about it.  Basically they break your leg bones, put this metal thing between them and do stuff until your bone grows back (if it does).  I can’t even imagine the pain…  They do adjusting DAILY…  They spend a fortune and go through so much pain to gain a maximum 5cm in height… 

Although it sounds stupid it makes at least a bit sense why they want to.  Apparently height is a big thing in China, you might not get a career just because you’re too short… I don’t mean manual jobs, I mean you can’t even be a lawyer nor can you drive in some places if you’re not like 5ft3 or over…  Frankly, that is stupid and makes no sense. 

Asians are so superficial it’s sad.  Plastic surgery everywhere in Asia and now I hear we break bones, just great… Why are looks so valued (as CupCake2 pointed out, I shouldn’t be talking since I have braces… in a more nice way)?  What thinking drives you to be willing to spend thousands, go through months of pain, and the risks dangerous risks?  I get it if you were in an accident and want to restore yourself, but why go through such lengths to be more “pretty”?

It’s sad when society forces us to improve ourselves and become more pretty… 

I’ll go through my braces reasoning… I didn’t really want them but my mom insisted on them and I figured, there’s no life threatening risk, nor any deforming risks, so why not?  Although I hear it was painful, and it actually is, still it’s not that horrible…  It doesn’t take much time for the pain to go away and the pain only returns every few weeks after you get them tightened.  Anyways look wise, I had a really big overbite which with my small eyes, all you could notice were my weird teeth. 

I’m somewhat ashamed I gave into it actually…

On another note, WE LASTED A MONTH! Hello March, I have stolen your virginity ;D (first post of March if anyone didn't get that...).  Now that I mention it... I stole the blog's overall virginity anyways...  ANYWAYS, I'm so happy!  We didn't give up after a few posts, NO! We got over 40 posts! PARTYYY!  Let's just hope we can continue ;D and get the damn boys to contribute more...

- CollateralDamage

3 comments:

  1. i think when dentists advise their patient to get braces, it's for health reasons. or in my mom's opinion, to scam you for your money. BUT I HAVE FAITH IN MY DENTISTS! i must be nice to them, mostly of those horrible statistics...

    but yeah, jaw alignment... stuff... LOL i dunno what i'm saying, but after straightening your teeth and whatever, i'm pretty sure it decreases your chances of getting all those dreaded teeth...issues... o.o i am definitely never going to be a dentist.

    FOR EXAMPLE, my dentist told me if i don't get braces i'm going to face a lot of problems with my teeth in the future... already, every once in a while two of my back teeth turn into swords that attack my well-being and dignity. :(

    LOL i should stop this comment, it's getting too long :( please imagine the rest of my comment about superficiality, my desire for braces, and lengthening my eyelashes here: "=)"

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Imagines a hundred or so paragraphs about vainity*
    Uh huh... *nods scared*

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! HEY!

    *bats eyelashes*

    ReplyDelete