Friday, March 5, 2010

My Views on Poetry

Roses are red
Violets are blue
the cliché beginning
Written just for you <3

With an obvious poem
Just “words that rhyme”
Without punctuation
Just endless lines

Poetry is fun
But “good” ones are boring
Who needs depth?
‘cause it gets me snoring

Isn’t this fun?
Just jokes and real plain
Poetry on the run
Who can complain?

Why spend countless hours
Reading 10 lines over again
Just to find meaning
Simply nod at the poem and say “amen”

Isn’t this more entertaining?
Then piling a million images into one?
Why stare at description?
When you can see the actual sun

Now let me free the nerds
Who find my view stupid
Cause I’m doing other things
Not finding the significance of cupid

Poem By:
- CollateralDamage
(now give me an AMEN!)

11 comments:

  1. We have a new Dr.Seuss, I now pronounce you Prof. Damage :P but seriously...its not half bad, now if you could only get your English teacher to accept it.. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELP ME, COLLATERAL. i'm trying to read keats and about this MATURING SUN AND I'M ....what am i...?

    awomen !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe you are human shewhosleepswithstars ... but even that is iffy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. iffy, what's iffy? O_O ARE WE AMONG ALIENS...

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMAO Well duh, they are everywhere you just don't know it >.<

    ReplyDelete