Monday, February 8, 2010

The French are confusing people

Alright, let's start this. Hello devoted readers, not sure how many of you there are, but I'm going to assume 2 million give or take one person. As you may notice soon enough, I am not one of the original 7 who made this blog. I'm a VIP guest. Every now and then the blog will have a guest, hopefully it lasts long enough to be cool. So now onto my post. I had trouble thinking what to write about but after watching an hour and a half long movie on the French revolution, I think I'm gonna talk about that. What I found most interesting is Robespierre starting off with the most noble of intentions and ending up well killing a shitload of innocent people. Yeah that storyline is quite typical nowadays, but this was pretty much the first time a person of fully noble intents ended up so horrible in history. I found this to be quite interesting. This event was world renown and probably stopped a lot of other great leaders from making this mistake. World history altered at this event. K so getting a bit less philosophical I realize that on my spare time I write about stuff like the French Revolution, which indeed is quite sad. With that said, I'm gonna leave you all with a thought, can all of our ethics be derived from pure thought without any historical interference?

~ Mr.E

1 comment: