Tuesday, April 6, 2010

War with Herself

I remember those really depressing(or melodramatic)times where my other 'alternative' friend and I though we were part of a secrete kind of, " SCREW SOCIETY" organization where we were super rebellious and just plain misunderstood because no one could understand what we believed in.

So yes, we dressed "emo" if you want to call it but I prefer the term "alternative" or "off beat" because we didn't slash our wrists surprisingly and we were happy; just not with society.

We were total Faux Fur-PEDA-tree hugging peace lovers who detested the social hierarchy and believed all we really needed was our own intuition and just general respect for everything living. Like really, who needs these stupid rules and regulations to put us down right? And my gosh, have you seen how they made veal?

And God dammit, I was proud. Ashamed now but I was proud. We thought we were saving the world. We thought we were this entirely new mind set that was so original and so different we couldn't relate to most of the world and ended up shunning ourselves. I guess this is where the word "emo" comes from.

Although I did grow up (mentally) and realized how stupid we were because in the end you can't win a war with just two people and black clothes, she didn't.

Something happened (no one really knows) and she immediately cut off all ties to the outside world; threw away her phone, msn, facebook and broke up with her boyfriend and changed schools. All in one week.

She was known to act out randomly and go into sudden spirals of rebellious hormonal insanity but then float back down to Earth. So the week she began to wipe herself off the face of humanity, I didn't really take her seriously. I don't think anyone did until she was gone.

So hey, if you're reading this, tell us you're alive. Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. maybe she found some floating bubble that she decided to believe was some strange calling, didn't think anyone was going to understand, and so took off in order to flash some sunshine into a dark corner.

    ?

    sounds like some pretty interesting person, nonetheless. reading about her made me think of stargirl '-'

    ReplyDelete